This Information pertains to last year’s event – please check back for 2020 updates!
The Central Valley faces some of the worst air pollution in the country. If we are going to make a difference, it’s going to take all of us working together.
This California Clean Air Day, we are encouraging everyone to help clear the air in the Central Valley by:
- Using alternative modes of transportation
- Greening your home and/or work
- Increasing awareness of indoor air quality
We also invite everyone to join us for our many events focused on educating businesses and individuals on ways to make a difference as well as the many volunteer activities we have listed here.
- Inside Out Community Garden will educate participants about community gardens and how it reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
- Fresno State Sustainability Club will host Clean Air Fresno State which aims to encourage students to utilize alternative transportation services as opposed to fossil fuel-sourced personal vehicles.
- Kern Green is inviting businesses for a “Green Business Lunch & Learn”, where participants can learn how becoming a Green Certified Business can attract customers while saving on energy and water costs, reducing waste and preventing air pollution.
- CSU Bakersfield Fruit Tree Planting is inviting you to join them for a Fruit Tree Planting Event at the CSU Bakersfield garden (free food and refreshments included).
- Asthma Coalition of Kern County provides an opportunity to learn how to manage their asthma and live a clean air lifestyle.
Thank you Frito-Lay for making these events possible.
2019 Central Valley Regional Working Group
- Yanni Gonzalez, Central California Asthma Collaborative, CO-CHAIR
- Courtney Velasco, Project Clean Air, CO-CHAIR
- Cesar Aguire, Central California Environmental Justice Network
- Melissa Anderson, Aetna
- Angela Babcock, Stratiscope
- Kristen Beall, Kern Community Foundation
- Carlos Bello, Asthma Coalition of Kern County
- Susanne Campbell, Kern Council of Governments
- Asha Chandy, Bike Bakerfield
- Ricardo Delhoyo, State Senator Melissa Hurtad
- Rob Duchow, SoCalGas
- Jamie Holt, San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- Melissa Iger, Tree Foundation of Kern
- Maria Jaime, Project Clean Air
- Joseph Lopez, Congressman TJ Cox
- Christal Martinez, San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- Laura Melendez, State Senator Melissa Hurtado
- Tony Moreno, Valley Clean Air Now
- Ana Rivera, Central California Asthma Collaborative
- Brian Sheridan, Coalition for Clean Air
- Glen Stephens, Eastern Kern APCD
- Alyssa Stevens, Fresno Chamber of Commerce
- Richard Tree, City of Porterville
- Linda Urata, Kern Council of Governments
- Courtney Velasco, San Joaquin Valley Clean Cities Coalition
- Rachelle Reyes Wenger, Dignity Health
California Clean Air Day in the Central Valley is made possible in part thanks to the support of Frito Lay and these generous sponsors.